All types of cereals can be puffed with the Presco-process. The grains are pretreated, and are therefore an ideal ingredient in wholemeal bread or bread with increased fibres.
Assortment Presco Food: puffed grains in bread
Because the grains have been pretreated, they don’t have to be soaked before usage. They can easily be added at the kneading-step. Because of the specific texture, you can dose less than native (pre-soaked) cereals, to get the right mouthfeel when consuming the bread.
Unicorn Grain Specialties has a broad range of Presco Food cereals for application in bread. We offer different kinds of cereals, but also (depending on your baking-process) different expansion rates.
Advantages of using Presco Puffed Cereals:
- easy-to-use – no presoaking – just use what you need
- lower dosage, in comparison to native grains
- more hygienic procedure (soaking not necessary)
- gives a tender structure and good mouthfeel in bread
- grains remain recognizable and keep the same shape after the Presco-treatment
Unicorn’s Presco range for bread applications:
- various kinds of cereals, such as wheat, rye, barley, spelt, quinoa, millet and sweetcorn
- as whole kernel or broken
- organic and conventional
- different expansion rates